All information concerning a child in the Before and After-School Care Program is of a confidential nature and will be treated as such. However, the Program Supervisor or contractors may confer with school department employees, including teachers, principals, etc. to discuss matters concerning children enrolled in the program.
Before-School Care hours and days of operation are as follows:
- 7:15 AM until the start of the school day
- Before-School Care will be provided during the 180-day school calendar year. We will be closed on “No-School” days. (Refer to our Emergency Day Procedure.)
- You may not drop off your child before 7:15 AM, there is no one on site to supervise them before that time.
- The After-School Care Program hours and days of operation are as follows:
- Daily elementary school: dismissal until 6:00 PM
- Early Release Days: dismissal until 6:00 PM
- Children attending grades K – 5, are eligible to attend. The Kindergarten children must be attending either the all day program or the PM program at their respective elementary school, Cottage, East, or Heights. A minimum of a two-day per week commitment is required for the entire school year.
Staff in the Before and After-School Care Program are well qualified. We offer a combination of licensed teachers and highly creative professionals. Our staff has been trained in CPR, First-Aid, Epi-Pen, AED, Chocking, and Stop The Bleed.
A wide variety of programs will be offered throughout the school year. Sample activities at After-School Care include:
- Arts and Crafts
- Cooperative Games
- Physical Education
- Study Time
- Creative Play
In addition to those, we also have special interest clubs throughout the year. There are long-term projects where we learn about a topic of cultural and/or historical importance, or work on developing a skill.